It’s hard to trust. By it’s nature, when we don’t know how things will turn out, it puts us on edge. Yet we need to somehow trust ourselves enough to be able to handle the unknown as it comes. But it’s unknown, maybe you’ve never experienced it before, so how can you trust you’ll be able to handle it?
Part of dealing with the uncertainty of the future is realizing that we are going to have to deal with it one way or another. We can’t control the future and completely eliminate the chances of something unexpected, and even if we could, that sort of boring life would drive us crazy. Not knowing is natural. Maybe we don’t know what’s coming down the road of life to greet us, but we know other people and can see how they’ve turned out. Sometimes they turn out alright, and sometimes they don’t. Much of the difference is in how people handle their stress and troubles.
You will be stressed in the future. You will have troubles. These are natural and can even be good for us in the long run! But most importantly, you can change how you’ll handle these difficulties! It is hard to trust yourself, but take the risk. Trust yourself, the alternative is boring. Here’s a little list of things to remember to help you through tense times:
- Communicate with people about how you’re feeling. Be honest, but tactful if needed.
- Don’t take too much on! Assume you will only accomplish half of your to-do list, and give yourself time to rest.
- You can still do amazing things, just realize that the best things take time! Be consistent and let your little efforts build up.
- Take care of yourself! Self-care isn’t selfish, it’s making sure you’re the best person you can be for others.
- You are loved, and it’s never too late to change for the better, so start as soon as possible!